Vertigo & Dizziness Caused from a Car Accident Injury in Redwood City
Getting in a car accident is traumatic, both physically and emotionally. The most common car accident injury is whiplash, a condition that affects the alignment of your cervical spine, damages your spinal discs, and causes shoulder and neck strain as a result of soft tissue damage.
What many people don’t realize is that whiplash can also affect your brain, causing vertigo and dizziness. At Awender Chiropractic, our Redwood City car accident chiropractor understands this and can formulate a treatment plan to eliminate your dizziness and help restore your quality of life.
Whiplash Injury can Cause Vertigo & Dizziness
The area at the base of your skull is extremely sensitive. A whiplash injury causes nerve damage to this area, affecting the ability of your brain’s vestibular system to receive normal feedback about where your head is located in space. This is why your balance, coordination, and spatial awareness may suffer after a car accident, resulting in vertigo and dizziness.
Symptoms of Nerve Damage Resulting in Vertigo after a Car Accident
If your vestibular system was affected in your recent car accident, you may experience the following symptoms of nerve damage:
- Difficulty focusing or concentrating
- Poor memory recalls or slow thoughts
- Feeling as though the world is spinning around you
- Feeling as if you’re moving or riding an elevator when you’re standing still
- Dizziness when shifting your gaze from one object to the next
- Dizziness when turning your head or rolling over in bed
- Migraines and headaches
- Neck strain
If you experience any of these symptoms following a car accident, you should meet with a Redwood City chiropractor without delay. You may have vertigo, which can be treated with chiropractic care.
How a Redwood City Chiropractor Treats Vertigo & Dizziness
Treatment begins by diagnosing which parts of your nervous system have been affected by your whiplash injury. Our Redwood City chiropractor locates specific patterns of brain dysfunction and creates a correlating treatment plan specific to your needs. Treatments may include:
- Chiropractic adjustments to the affected regions of your spine and neck
- Vestibular/spatial awareness training
- Muscle stimulation
- Cold laser therapy
- Specialized neuromuscular stretching and re-education of affected muscle groups
- Cervical decompression to restore spinal disc health
- Dietary changes, such as altering your sodium intake and alcohol consumption
The results of vertigo treatment from our Redwood City car accident chiropractor include restored patterns of nerve communication and normal neurological health. You can get your life and health back to normal with careful chiropractic care while avoiding pharmaceutical products and more invasive treatment options.
Schedule Vertigo Treatment in Redwood City
Our techniques boast a high success rate for treating patients with vertigo. The earlier you seek treatment for your injury, the faster and better results you can expect. Still, even if you’ve delayed your care, it’s never too late to begin treatment!