Advanced Massage Therapy at Awender Chiropractic in Redwood City, CA
Massage is such as a well-known technique for busting stress and promoting relaxation in mainstream life that many people aren't aware of its value as a therapeutic modality. Massage therapy offers a host of benefits, and only through the most familiar form, known as Swedish massage. There are actually many advanced massage therapy techniques aimed at providing targeted solutions to specific ailments -- and we're happy to administer these techniques here at Awender Chiropractic.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
The benefits of massage therapy are well known. Massage can increase circulation and lymphatic drainage, improve immune response, relax muscles, speed healing, and ease pain and inflammation without the aid of drugs. Specific applications such as pregnancy massage and pediatric massage can help mothers and children alike experience better health. Even ordinary Swedish massage can improve your mood and ease muscle tension.
Specialized Techniques Offered at Our Chiropractor in Redwood City
Above and beyond the general benefits of massage therapy, specialized techniques can produce advanced results for specific needs. These techniques include:
- Deep Tissue Massage - Deep tissue massage applies more forceful strokes than Swedish massage to affect tissues deep inside the body part being treated. Chronic muscle tension at these levels can cause ongoing pain and stiffness in tendons, muscles, and fascia. This is particularly true after an injury, when scar tissue can proliferate out of control in these tissues, creating adhesions. Muscle knots from chronic pain conditions such as fibromyalgia may also form this level. the strong, slow strokes of deep-tissue massage can help un-glue stuck tissues and undo muscle knots. It can even reduce stress hormones and lighten your mood
- Sports Massage - Sports massage can help you both before and after your big athletic event. This form of massage emphasizes the specific muscle groups you use most often in your sport, so you can use it to relax and loosen these muscles before training or competition. But it can also relieve pain and inflammation from an injury sustained during your activity of choice while enhancing circulation so the injury can heal. Regular use of sports massage can help you enjoy better endurance, less post-event soreness and fatigue, and lower risk of injury in your activity of choice
Deep tissue and sports massage are just two of the advanced massage therapy techniques available to you here at Awender Chiropractic. We also offer:
- Muscle Therapy - Muscle Therapy is a whole-body musculoskeletal treatment system
- Shiatsu - Shiatsu is a Japanese technique that combines the benefits of massage and acupuncture
- Craniosacral Therapy - Craniosacral therapy uses gentle touch techniques to restore balance in the craniosacral system extending from the brain through the spinal cord
- Thai Massage - Thai massage is an ancient Buddhist technique that incorporates both massage and yoga positions